Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 17 Points race

Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I have been working a lot of days, really most of the days between the races have been on-shift.  I'm behind a couple of weeks but I'll try to catch up here.

The race on the 17th was another good weekend for us.  Lian posted some of her best lap times and the rookie group all raced well.  Lian's best lap actually came during a heat race with a 23:17.

We studied the right-hand hairpin turn and worked on getting through that smoothly.  Although Lian had some very good turn entries, she wasn't getting through consistently.  I noticed that she was actually smoother when she had to slow for traffic.  When I pointed this out, she was a little less aggressive and she rounded it more consistently.

I don't have much in the way of pictures from this race but here is a shot of her waiting on the grid for her practice.

Lian started 3rd in the feature and finished 3rd.  The race was very close for second but she slipped on lap 3 and the gap opened a little.  She wasn't able to make-up the distance on the very competitive group.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment