Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Race #2 - washout

Not much to write here beyond the title.  We never even went out on the track for morning practice.  We hoped to at least get the heat races in before the rain started but it arrived earlier than forecast and dampened the track before registration opened.

We made a few changes after last race.  I tightened the valve lash on both the intake and exhaust valves (set at a "tight" 0.002" gap). Installed a cutback racing spark plug and adjusted the carb to a little slower idle but set the mixture so it is a little more responsive.

I will have to let you know how these changes work out next time we make it to the track.  I have to work next race (May 5) and because we are short-handed, I can't get anyone to swap with me.  It's going to be a while before we get to the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment